A helmet is still considered the vital bit of your biking gear. But, it is only seen as such if it is quality, durable, and most importantly, protective, and resistant. Typically, you are able to discover that using a fantastic carbon fiber helmet.
If you have been looking for a little while, you probably discovered the huge selection of helmets on the market. Many shapes, sizes, and fabrics have a tendency to confuse those who are searching for your very first time.
Keep on reading as German Helmets examine how the carbon fiber motorcycle helmets along with their pros and cons. What’s more, you will also discover a buyer’s guide with a few helpful info that will assist you to pick out a helmet easily.
Top 10 Best Carbon Fiber Motorcycle Helmet Brands
1. Simpson GBDLC Ghost Bandit
If you’re interested in finding a full-face protective helmet that has multiple security features, the Simpson helmet is a fantastic product.
This helmet comes with a shield that may be secured in whatever position is most comfortable for you. The Simpson locking method includes a pin lock that keeps the shield secured securely in place.
With both sour and clean lens choices, you may pick the design and visibility which suit you best when you wear this helmet. It’s lightweight and comfy but made of sturdy, durable material that will provide ultimate protection whether or not you’re riding a motorcycle, ATV, dirt bike, or some other recreational vehicle.
This helmet is the Department of Transportation approved so that you know that you’re receiving a protected product.
- Tinted and clear lens Choices
- Locking pin keeps shield in position
- Limited size and color Choices
- Top 12 Best Lightweight Motorcycle Helmet Reviews
- Best Ventilated Motorcycle Helmets
- 10 Best Full-Face Helmets
2. Conquer Full Face
The Conquer racing helmet is lightweight and comfy on your face and head. It comes in many sizes but just black/silver layout to select from.
The carbon fiber composite shell gives it durability and impact resistance. On the other hand, the substance is lightweight so that you’ll have the ability to wear it on extended trips.
It features a fire-retardant cushioned interior with cheek pads you’ll be able to eliminate. This permits a little bit of customization, that’s particularly beneficial when you’re sharing it with somebody else.
It’s venting ports for greater venting and less fogging. The 3mm anti-scratch shield can be fire-resistant. Together with the tear-off article, the protector is lasting and will not reveal any signs of wear and tear some time soon.
This one gets the SNELL SA2015 certificate for its resistance and durability. Additionally, it features HANS threaded folds inside the casing.
- Does not fog
- Anti-scratch protect
- No harmonious visors
3. 1Storm Motorcycle Modular Full Face Helmet Switch up Double Visor
Another trustworthy unit developed by precisely the exact same producer, 1Storm, is your Sun Shield: HB89 version. Similarly to the preceding thing, this product also features a more full-face design plus a double visor which are effective at allowing its customers to drive on sunny days.
Actually, the double lens contained in the construction of the design includes a sun-protective smoked lens along with a very clear shield for additional stability.
Moreover, this version’s construction comprises an extremely resistant thermoplastic alloy shell that’s aerodynamic and also an eye-catching UV protective finish that’s quite glossy. The helmet can be fitted with a kind of cushioning that’s removable and washable.
The model has complete favorable reviews from both users as well as the pros. The majority of the product’s prior buyers were pleased to report the apparatus fitted as anticipated. In any case, the unit features a state-of-the-art design that’s deemed to capture your attention.
- This is just another fantastic unit manufactured by 1Storm because, very similar to the other versions in the show, it features a full-face design while the double visor serves as the ideal pair of sunglasses on the planet and allows you to ride with no care on a bright day.
- Additionally, the dual-lens which has been implemented in the frame of the model is especially designed using a sun-protective smoked coating, thus we could assert that this helmet is very helpful for those long summer rides.
- What’s more, you’ll also receive a product using a durable thermoplastic alloy shell which, besides being rather aerodynamic and protective from UV rays, is also rather slick and glistening to check at.
- The kind of padding in the helmet will make your day better since you’ll have the ability to eliminate it and wash it independently.
- This helmet appears to be rather prone to fogging in colder temperatures, particularly when the weather drops below 40.
5. Bell Bullitt Carbon Fiber Full-Face Helmet
This gorgeous helmet discovers inspiration from the very first full-face helmet ever-the Bell Star. The Bell Bullitt features classic styling whilst infusing contemporary security and relaxation. This timeless lid comes as near the first Star but matches the contemporary DOT regulations.
The Bell Bullitt combines classic styling with the most recent leather inside and features. This helmet provides riders with a decorative helmet to keep them secure.
- Aside from the contemporary certificates, the Bullitt sports a premium leather interior.
- It’s comfortable and gives a retro-chic vibe.
- This inside is washable so that filthy odor your old helmets developed won’t be a problem here.
- It is DOT approved.
- Carbon Composite Shell: The 3k carbon-fiber casing is powerful and ideal for town riding. It’s offered in a number of dimensions.
- Fantastic Interior: It features a real leather inside. It’s removable, washable, and anti-bacterial.
- Face Shields Contained: The manufacturer ships the helmet with a transparent bubble shield. On the other hand, the bundle also comes with a horizontal silver iridium shield.
- Integrated Speaker Pockets
- All of them include a multi-density EPS lining.
- Accreditation: The Bell Bullitt is both DOT and ECE accredited.
- The only downside of the helmet is possibly its cost. Although all of the features which you buy to make it worth purchasing. Consequently, if you’re a retro enthusiast, this is a fantastic carbon motorcycle helmet for you.
6. Daytona Skull Cap
This lightweight small Skullcap is a bit more oval-shaped to prevent the’mushroom’ appearance that frequently includes half-helmets. The casing is contoured to match the shape of your mind, while it also includes a simple one-finger quick release strap, and moisture-wicking inside stuff for temperature regulation. This low-profile helmet exceeds DOT standards and makes for a great, lightweight street helmet.
Many half-helmets depart the wearer appearing like a mushroom mind, but the Daytona Skullcap accomplishes this effect by utilizing an oval-shaped design that shapes into the mind. This produces a comfortable, aesthetically pleasing helmet that you could use with pride.
As many helmet makers charge extra for a larger size, the Daytona Skullcap includes three different size choices, all in the specific same cost. This makes finding the ideal match hassle-free and will not cost you more due to your head dimensions.
This version from Daytona presents reasonable value for what it provides. With useful features such as a one-finger discharge strap, moisture-wicking interior fabrics, and also the selection of 3 dimensions all at precisely the exact same cost, it hastens its own half-helmet cost.
- Keeps trendy with moisture-wicking cloth
- The quick, simple release mechanism
- Avoids mushroom effect
- Comes with a string-pull tote and perforated headcloth
- Open layout signifies exposure to elements
- No incorporated visor
7. Bell Race Star Triton Full-Face Helmet
As I mentioned, Bell is a really popular brand in security equipment, therefore it’s not surprising that it created the record again. This helmet features a more motocross design with its distinctive color combination and graphic layout.
The blue and yellow colors and the design of the helmet give it a contemporary, sleek look that resembles a thing a professional rider could wear. It’s a provision to review viewport, meaning that the lens permits you to observe a broader perspective whilst wearing the helmet.
It’s a bend effect lining that molds to your shape for exceptional comfort and fit. Additionally, it has a heating mesh lining that allows air circulation to keep you cool while riding.
This helmet has been analyzed and developed by actual, professional riders to be perfected for looks, comfort, and protection. It’s specially designed to be aerodynamic and perform at high rates.
Bell’s Race Star Triton helmet is a super ultra light motorcycle helmet and has interchangeable lenses that are tinted and clear for riding at sunlight. Though nobody wants to experience consequences using this helmet, it’s particularly designed to absorb shock to protect the driver’s neck and head.
- Larger visual radius
- Flex lining that molds to the contour of the rider’s mind
- Interchangeable lenses
- Made for high rates and racing, which may not be mandatory for many riders
8. Mars Street
If you are often on the street, you need to consider that the MARS Street carbon fiber bike helmet is lightweight but durable. It weighs just 3.3 lbs, so it is comfortable even on long-distance excursions.
The casing is constructed from carbon fiber composite that is lighter but more powerful than fiberglass and ABS. On the interior, it’s thick cushioning combined with a crisis stripe. Each of the inside paddings is removable and washable.
Its 3-level top ventilation controller enables a constant stream of clean air when maintaining the inside warm and agreeable. The 5-position ventilation station helps reduce steadily and accommodate the warmth to your requirements.
In addition to this, it features an aerodynamic back venturi-effect exhaust spoiler to improve ventilation and clean airflow. It is approved by the Department of Transportation in Addition to by SNELL with their M2015 certificate.
- Washable padding
- Constant airflow
- Chinstrap is Somewhat thin
10. Torc T1 Unisex-Adult Retro Full-Face Helmet
There’s a reason why a lot of riders favor carbon fiber helmets, and that is the durable, yet lightweight design which makes riding a cinch. A hefty helmet, however nice durable or looking, can be quite a hassle if you ride your bike for hours. No such problems are available here since this model offers all of the advantages of lightweight construction.
You may appreciate the company’s care for installing a proper venting system with this helmet. In summer, your mind might begin to feel just like boiling, but not if you wear this helmet. You will find front chin vents as well as an exhaust port that takes good care of the aspect.
The padding is exceptional, which is something that has to be mentioned. The high-density EPS foam used is of very good quality and guarantees proper comfort for the rider. Its retro appears just to increase its general appeal.
- Using a carbon fiber construction, this helmet is lightweight, and it’ll be a breeze to utilize it for hours with no problem.
- Its shield may be eliminated, which can be an additional and because it also suggests you could replace it with a fresh one if that is what you desire.
- Superior venting makes this helmet stand out, and it ensures you will have the ability to use this helmet with the identical pleasure in summer and winter.
- It’s an excellent thing to have these lavish padding on the interior, as your mind will feel genuinely comfortable, and you won’t encounter any nuisances.
- In case you’ve got an intermediate oval head shape, you may observe that this helmet has hard to wear, the longer you really do this since it seems to be a much better option to get around the head form.
- Above 50mph, end sound can become a significant problem, and that may become much worse if you do not have a batwing fairing.
11. EXO-ST1400 Carbon Fiber Motorcycle Helmet
The EXO ST1400 Carbon helmet places all you need at a full-face helmet in 1 helmet. What’s even better is that you get everything using a carbon fiber shell. Like many carbon fiber helmets, you have to select between glossy or matte black finish. There’s a single picture variant but even that’s nearly black. On the other hand, the black color shows off each curve of the alluring helmet.
Let’s take a examine a few of the more specialized particulars of this EXO ST1400 in another segment.
- Here are just two intake vents-one Put on the chin bar and another in the top
- A back exhaust vent on the top towards the rear seals the bargain. The end result is a high-velocity airflow in front to rear
- Strong helmet body
- This helmet unites state-of-the-art technology with incredible materials. The outcome is a super-light, aerodynamic lid.
- It’s amazingly comfortable when speaking about dimensions. It’s true to dimension meaning you receive the specific size that you purchased for.
- The EXO ST1400 sports an inner dropdown sunshade and a visor. The fog-free construction enables you to see in the weather.
- It includes cutouts from the EPS lining for the positioning of speakers.
- The helmet is DOT/ECE accredited.
- This helmet isn’t available in several colors. It’s possible to make it customized although the helmet does seem great because it is.
- The visor isn’t made from good quality materials.
12. Mars HB B1
This protective full-face helmet out of MARS comes completely equipped with a variety of features that set it apart from most on this listing. A flexible front section of the helmet could be flipped up to reveal an integrated visor underneath. Having a double-layer of visor protection, complete adjustability, along with a protective full-face layout, this version ticks several boxes simultaneously. Also includes multi-position ventilation shafts.
The front part of the helmet could be flipped up for simple functionality. Under the front-flip visor is another, tinted visor that could operate by itself, or may also be corrected and tucked into the helmet.
With 5 venting stations positioned at three tactical places on the helmet, wind can flow easily during. This greatly reduces the chance of steaming and fogging, because hot air does not have an opportunity to linger for long.
Coming at a mid-range cost, this full-face carbon fiber modular helmet does all you would expect of a practical, superior, carbon fiber helmet. An incorporated, tinted visor makes sunglasses unnecessary, and additionally raises this helmet’s functionality.
- Easily corrected front-flip module
- Committed ventilation
- Removable, washable interior
- Comfortable interior with heavy cushioning
- UV protective finish
- Maybe too tight for earpieces (see dimensions measurements to be sure)
- Heavier than a helmet – 3.4pounds
13. LS2 Helmets Cabrio Carbon Fiber Open Face Motorcycle Helmet
This is a traditional style motorcycle helmet produced by LS2 Helmets. This firm specialized in helmets for motorcycles and motocross and just produces the maximum quality products.
This lightweight, stylish helmet is constructed from pure carbon fiber using an open-face, 3/4 layout. The removable face guard may be changed out for a very clear lens, but includes a patented, built-in Twin Shield System Drop Down Sun Shield to utilize while riding in sunlight.
The inside cushioning has an artisan layout that’s high-quality using a comfy, artisan layout. The long, oval suit suits the Department of Transportation criteria and is created for supreme style and functionality. It’s lightweight but lasting with scratch-resistant technologies equally on the lenses along with the outside.
The cheek pads around the inside are cut especially to prevent hot spots and also keep the rider cool and comfy as it pertains to the shape of the mind. It’s a fast release chin strap and is easy to get off and on, but nevertheless has a powerful and safe fit. It comes in six unique sizes so that you can pick the best match for you.
- Numerous dimensions
- Department of Transportation accredited
- Changeable lenses
- The layout leaves the big amount of the chin and face unprotected
14. Voss Helmets 888CF – Carbon Fiber Motorcycle Half Helmet
1 thing people do not like too much about half of the helmets is the way they could make their heads look just like giant mushrooms. That is the main reason manufacturers attempt to discover ways to remove this impact. In cases like this, that the Voss 888CF succeeds in doing this to an extent, as its producer made it fit profound in your mind.
It’s very important to observe that it includes a drop-down sunshine lens so you don’t need to think about the sunlight rays getting on your weight. At only 1.9 lbs, it’s a fairly lightweight helmet, which usually means you will have the ability to use it for hours without having the typical exhaustion which accompanies it.
On the interior, the helmet includes a Kool Komfort lining made out of microfiber which can wick moisture and keep your head cool and comfortable all the time.
- You’ll certainly enjoy the integrated visor system which permits you to take out the sunlight lens and replace it with a different.
- An intriguing component of this helmet is that every layer of carbon fiber street bike helmet used for your shell is hand-laid, meaning that the substance is evenly dispersed for optimum durability and damage resistance.
- Weighing a bit under two lbs, it’s an exceptional illustration of how a lightweight helmet ought to look like.
- Its in-depth matching profile makes it a nicer option than several other half helmets which might not be to your liking on account of the mushroom mind effect they produce.
- Although general, this helmet seems to be of premium quality, you may be let down at the chin strap which appears cheaper and not as durable.
- Know about the sun visor which may become too near your glasses if you wear this item.
15. AGV Sportmodular Carbon Fiber Helmet
The AGV Sportmodular Carbon Helmet is a form-fitting intermediate oval lid. The design and construction are equally exact and complicated. It’s lightest full face helmet, compact, and exceptionally comfortable to wear. Why is this helmet special is that it’s completely made from carbon fiber? The chin bar contained. The black and gray checkered design increase the general looks of the helmet. It generates an illusion of movement even if stationary. This is wonderful once you’re riding for extended distances.
The AGV Sportmodular Carbon Helmet is among the lightest motorcycle helmet on the market. Aside from that, there are a number of other benefits of owning this particular helmet, let’s see exactly what they are.
- This helmet is great for traveling and long-distance rides but works excellent from the town scene also.
- The entire face flip-up feature permits riders to convey without taking off the lid.
- The carbon bar provides more security to this rider.
- The metallic helmet design lets you enjoy the protection of a full-face helmet along with the liberty of a half a helmet.
- Along with the flip-up feature removes the requirement of removing the helmet once you stop to get a snack or drink.
- The lid weighs only 1295 g. That is lighter than the Pista GP R which weighs 1350 g at least.
- The vents operate superbly. The rear spoiler smooths out any turbulence, the rider might encounter.
- This lid sports a flexible dropdown sun visor. The kit also comprises a Pinlock anti-fog lens.
- This helmet by AGV transmits sound without distortion. Thus, you can enjoy the ride without many distractions.
- Hard to operate when you’ve got large hands or use thick gloves in your riding equipment.
- Tough to lock the eyebrow bar with one hand or change its place when riding.
16. Joe Rocket RKT
This simple yet powerful layout from Joe Rocket makes for a trendy, sleek helmet that does not shout out for attention. If hi-tech aesthetics and styles are not something, this helmet poses a sound, effective alternative that does exactly the job that is requested of it. Having a flexible front visor and several venting chambers, this humble offering stakes out a place for itself in a competitive sector.
The inside of this RKT is made of a breathable, removable, sublimated fabric that is designed to wick away sweat and heat and divert it from your helmet through the integrated venting system.
This designed system of ventilation shafts permits for optimum airflow and allows excess moisture and heat to be wick outside and out from the inside of the helmet.
The Joe Rocket RKT slides within that mid-price-range and presents great value for money for what it provides. An easy, powerful helmet that does not shout out for attention – it does exactly the job that is requested of it.
- Committed, technical ventilation system
- Front-flip visor
- Tough, anti-fog coated guard
- Lightweight, impact-absorbing interior cloths
- Stays clean and cool
- Slightly thick, weighing in at 4.3pounds
- Tight fit may require a larger dimension compared to Usual
Carbon Fiber Helmet Buyer’s Guide
Just what is Carbon Fiber?
Carbon fiber or graphite fiber is a lightweight material with broad use. It is used to create many things, which is the reason why we see engineers and scientists use it the most while the rest of the people seldom come into contact in this manner.
It has only lately become a favorite choice of material for motorcycle helmets because of the amazing specifications. Helmets made of the substance are one of the safest and most lasting.
Security is the most important as it is the entire reason you’re getting a helmet in the first location. Because it ought to protect you, it is critical you consider its capacity to perform so above all else.
First of all, consider the substance, relaxation and fit so as to work out whether it is safe. The material is very durable and impact-resistant, therefore it is a fantastic selection of material.
But for this to deliver its finest, the helmet needs to be precisely the ideal size. It must fit you nicely with no gaps or stains with additional pressure. Typically, helmets can’t protect you using their whole capacity if they are too large or too little.
Certifications are something which tells you that the helmet was tested for durability, and overall quality. In fact, this is not a must-have, but it is highly advised to just go with helmets that have some.
The DOT standard is the most frequently known certificate. It demonstrates that the product has a minimal amount of protection. In the united states, helmets must possess DOT approval prior to hitting the marketplace.
The following you could encounter is that the ECE22.05 normal imposed by the U.N. Economic Commission for Europe. It is for products manufactured in Europe, so it is not mandatory in the united states.
Last, you’ve probably heard of this Snell M2015 certificate. It is a security certification that is not mandatory but issued to voluntarily submitted versions. Lots of men and women believe the Snell standards are somewhat hard to fulfill when compared to DOT ones, but that is still unconfirmed.
Again, most helmets have a DOT certification while another two are much less commonly presented. However, start looking for a model which has at least among the 3 certificates. It may provide you with a feeling of safety to know that your helmet has been examined and approved as lasting and dependable.
Read our in-depth security evaluation guide here.
Ventilation is a feature people frequently fail, particularly people that shopping for your very first time. But it is equally as significant as the dimensions and matches for the reason that it will help make helmets more comfortable and suitable.
Various versions have their ports on several places, that’s something you’ve probably seen. There is no saying what’s the perfect approach to put ventilation vents since every rider differs.
If you perspire a whole lot, you will need a version with more vents than somebody who does not sweat in any way. Because of this, this is something that’s your responsibility to pick.
Half-open and face helmets do not possess a fogging problem, and in addition, they don’t require many venting vents. But if you’re trying to find a full-face that covers your whole face, be certain that you look closely at the venting system.
Whatever kind you are trying for, you need to consider its total weight reduction. Both economical and expensive models may be heavy, so be certain that you understand the specific amount prior to making the last choice.
The weight is essential no matter how frequently you’ll use it. More so, if you are riding for hours in the moment. Too much weight may cause your head back and neck to hurt badly.
It is best you go to get a lightweight model that is comfortable and easy to carry around so choose whatever involving 1400 to 1800 g approximately.
Lightweight and Ultra Lightweight Models
The lightweight and ultra-lightweight versions are open-faced. These pay just the mind so there is no extra weight you would get using a full-coverage version.
The majority of them are amazingly comfy and suitable particularly for commuting and riding. They permit freedom of motion over any other kind.
Frequently Asked Questions Around Carbon Fiber Helmets
What’s carbon fiber?
Carbon fiber can be also called graphite fiber. It is a lightweight material that delivers some serious perks regarding your security on the street. A good deal of individuals, besides scientists and engineers, do not utilize carbon fiber every day. We know that it is not just a household name quite yet. Regardless, you would be amazed by the number of products you own that are created out of a carbon fiber mix!
Why are carbon fiber helmets worthwhile?
Absolutely! Possessing a carbon fiber helmet gives the reassurance of knowing your brain is not likely to wind up in bits. Riding motorcycles, or some other open-air automobile, can be harmful. You would like a carbon fiber helmet that is likely to be up to the job of keeping you secure if the worst occurs. They might be a bit pricier than a run of the mill helmet, but they are worthwhile. The material they are made of is proven to be the ideal. In regards to your safety, you do not wish to settle for second best.
Why is carbon fiber helmets better?
They are more powerful, more resilient, and more lightweight than any other helmet in the marketplace. Carbon fiber is significantly stronger than steel! In addition, it appears to be equally rigid. This makes it among the best substances for individual safety equipment. Though it delivers such features, carbon fiber also handles to become lighter than steel, too. All of these are excellent features to have if you are attempting to produce the ideal carbon fiber helmet on the market.
What’s carbon fiber produced?
We are likely to get a bit technical here, so bear with me! What sets them helmets aside is that the arrangement of these atoms that form the material. These molecules bond together in an exceptional manner, which creates a remarkably strong substance. Basically, carbon fiber is composed of tightly interlocked chains of electrons. The way the material is made is also significant! There are just a couple of non-carbon atoms left following the specialized process of producing carbon fiber.
Just how secure are carbon fiber helmets?
Extremely! Carbon fiber helmets are among the best choices available on the marketplace, or even the very best. If you are seeking to maintain your noggin in 1 bit, look no more. We urge these helmets for many different factors. One of these reasons is they’re lightweight so that they do not get in the way as you’re attempting to ride. The biggest reason, however, is that the excess security measures they provide. You won’t find another substance that could stand up to numerous security evaluations!
Why do I require a carbon fiber helmet in any way?
Yes. We understand why you’d be reluctant to own one. A lot of men and women who ride motorcycles feel that helmets are an eyesore, or they’re too blessed to bother with this. The figures tell a very different story, yet. Helmets are approximately 37% successful at preventing death and approximately 67% effective in preventing traumatic brain injuries. These are some very good numbers… particularly when coping with a life or death issue! There is a reason why many organizations put out this info and conduct these studies.
Motorcycle security isn’t a joke. Most of us know a person or know of someone who has become an accident whilst on the street. Crashes are, after all, a fairly common occurrence. Why take the chance of not wearing a helmet, why especially cool appearing carbon fiber helmet? You’ve got a family to go home to, and those who adore you. The next time you get on your bike and consider not having a helmet, then you should consider the ones you can leave behind. We all know, it is pretty bleak, but it is the cold reality.
Where do I purchase a carbon fiber helmet?
So glad you asked! We have provided the best ten helmets presently in the marketplace within this report. You may readily observe the pros and cons of each, in addition to a description of the greatest features they provide. We are certain that after reading this article you will have the ability to discover the ideal carbon fiber helmet to fit your requirements. The challenging part will be deciding which one you would like to purchase with a lot of fantastic options out there!
Whether you desire an old school skull cap or some contemporary full-coverage helmet, then these carbon fiber motorcycle helmets can continue to keep your mind safe as you’re on the street. By deciding to wear a helmet at the first place, you’re already taking steps in an ideal way for an accountable motorcycle rider. These helmets are high-quality, so not one of them is a lousy option.