Purple Motorcycle Helmets is essential if you want to be safe when riding a motorcycle. But just because helmets are safe doesn’t mean they have to be boring. There are so many cool motorcycle helmets available that you may struggle to find the right one. We looked at some of the most unique and stylish motorcycle helmets on the market and are providing you with a wide range of options. After all, what is cool to one person is not necessarily cool to another.
Cool features aren’t limited to style, artwork, and design. And while you want people to sit up and take notice, you also want practical features that enhance your riding experiences, such as comfortable liners, protective visors, and quick-release straps. Manufacturers are competing to add a range of features to their helmets to make them a cut above the rest, and we look at some of the most innovative brands currently available.
So, if you want a headgear that is going to make a statement while you ride, you have come to the right place. Below are our favorite motorcycle helmets. We provide a rundown on each and every one of them along with the key features that make them so special in the first place.
Top 6 Best Purple Motorcycle Helmet Brands
1. HJC Youth CL-XY 2 Argos Helmet (purple)
The HJC Youth CL-XY 2 Helmet features a wide field of view and ventilation channels optimized for low to moderate speeds.
- Advanced Polycarbonate composite shell
- Lightweight, superior fit and comfort using advanced CAD technology
- Impact absorbing, single-density EPS liner
- Large eye port and maximum range adjustable visor
- ACS Advanced Channeling Ventilation System
- Multi-stage top and forehead intake vents combine with rear exit vents to provide flow-through ventilation that helps to pull heat and humidity up and out of the helmet’s interior
- Removable and washable Nylex interior
- Contoured, multi-layer cheek pads optimize fit and comfort
- DOT approved
2. Icon Airmada Wild Child Helmet (purple)
The Icon Airmada Wild Child is the 1980s cats on cocaine. It’s ass-kicking pastels slathered onto an Icon Airmada Helmet with a hint of Cheshire cat for good measure. This graphic is neon lights shining onto a strung-out Lisa Frankenstein binder. It’s as hedonistic as your typical Miami vice.
The Icon Airmada Helmet is the natural evolution in Icon’s helmet lineup. A middleweight that fights above its class, the Airmada has four shell sizes and 5 dual-density EPS liners sizes in the rider-preferred oval head form to provide a personalized fit like a well-worn glove. The shield system has also been completely redesigned to give riders the best view of the road ahead. The new Rapid Release shield removal system allows you to change ICON Optics in a matter of seconds.
- Injection-molded polycarbonate shell for strength and durability
- Recessed twin channel supervene with industry-leading intake and exhaust ports for increased cooling
- Fog-free Icon Optics shield with PRO LOCK shield locking system
- Adjustable chin and forehead venting system maintains continual temperature for increased comfort in and riding situation
- Rapid-Release shield change system
- Removable molded breath deflector helps prevent fogging
- Fully removable, washable, HYDRADRY moisture-wicking interior
- Easy adjuster go-vent switch for superior airflow control
- Available in 4 shell sizes with an ICON exclusive long oval head form for ultimate fit and comfort
3. HJC FG-17 Valve Helmet (purple)
The HJC FG 17 shares DNA from the RPHA side of the house while maintaining a more modest level of investment to the rider.
- Advanced Fiberglass Composite Shell
- Lightweight, superior fit and comfort using advanced CAD technology
- Large eye port opening for greater visibility
- ACS Advanced Channeling Ventilation System
- Scoop top intake vent combines with rear exit vents to provide flow-through ventilation, helping to pull heat out of the helmet’s interior
- Chin bar vent provides airflow across the shield interior to help eliminate shield fogging
- Removable, washable Silvercool antibacterial moisture-wicking comfort liner
- Rapid Fire II tool-less Shield Replacement System
- Pinlock-prepared HJ-20M Shield anti-fog, scratch-resistant hard coating (insert lens sold separately)
- Optically correct 3D design
- DOT and SNELL M2015
4. HJC CL-17 Boost Helmet (XS and SM) (purple)
The HJC CL-17 Helmet hits the same safety ratings as the big boys yet come in at hundreds less. This is a helmet designed to keep you cool. Advanced ventilation channels do most of the work but a moisture wicking interior liner is there for backup. Out of the box, this helmet comes with a Pinlock-ready face shield. Adding on a Pinlock lens gives you the most fog-free riding experience out there. Shield changes are a breeze thanks to the tool-less RapidFire Shield Replacement System. Replacement shields are available in virtually every color of the transparent or metallic rainbow so you can fight the sun, match your bike or match your mindset.
- Advanced polycarbonate composite shell is lightweight and features superior fit and comfort by using CAD technology
- Anti-Scratch Pinlock-ready Face shield (HJ-09) features a 3D design with 95% UV protection
- Side face shield lock mechanism for an ultra-secure seal
- Pinlock-ready (Pinlock lens insert sold separately)
- RapidFire Shield Replacement System provides ultra-quick and tool-less removal and installation of the face shield
- 2-Stage face shield closure system with one-touch center open/close shield locking system for an extremely tight and secure seal
- ACS (Advanced Channeling Ventilation System) provides full front to back airflow which flushes heat and humidity up and out
- SuperCool Interior made from anti-bacterial, moisture-wicking fabric
- Crown and cheek pads are fully removable and washable
- Integrated air deflector is included
- All CL-17 cheek pad sizes are interchangeable for a custom fit
- Meets or exceeds DOT and Snell 2015 standards (sizes 3XL-5XL are DOT only)
5. HJC IS-Max 2 Mine Snow Helmet – Dual Lens (XS) (purple)
The HJC IS-Max 2 is a feature-rich modular helmet that features a drop-down internal sun visor for cutting down glare and making your ride all that much more enjoyable. A moisture-wicking anti-bacterial liner pulls sweat towards the integrated ventilation channels and the chin bar raises with a single button that is easily operated with a gloved hand.
- Advanced polycarbonate composite shell with adjustable polycarbonate chin bar: Lightweight, superior fit and comfort using advanced CAD technology
- Frameless dual lens shield (HJ-17): increased field of vision and an integrated exhaust ventilation system to help remove hot air from building up and fogging the shield interior
- One-touch integrated sun shield (HJ-V5): Smoke-tinted 3-stage adjustable sun shield with locking mechanism deploys quickly and easily
- Single-button chin bar/face shield release: Open with one hand even with gloves on
- Includes breath guard, chin curtain
- Frameless dual lens shield installed
- QuickSlide shield replacement system: Quick, secure, tool-less removal and installation
- “ACS” Advanced Channeling Ventilation System: Full front to back airflow flushes heat and humidity up and out
- SuperCool Interior: Moisture-wicking anti-bacterial fabric. Removable and washable liner and cheek pads
- All sizes of cheek pads are interchangeable in all helmet sizes.
- Meets or exceeds DOT standards
6. HJC CS-R3 Dosta Snow Helmet – Electric Shield (purple)
The HJC CS-R3 Helmet features adjustable ventilation and can be upgraded with a variety of different face shield options down the road. Shield swaps are a breeze thanks to the tool-less design found on the CS-R3.
- Offers a snug fit to help keep the elements at bay
- Advanced polycarbonate composite shell: lightweight, superior fit and comfort using advanced CAD technology
- Framed electric HJ-09 face shield provides 95% UV protection and anti-scratch coating
- RapidFire Shield Replacement System simple and secure shield ratchet system provides ultra-quick, tool-less removal and installation for efficient operation
- ACS Advanced Channeling ventilation system with adjustable forehead and chin vents, and two rear exhaust vents create a full front to back airflow flushing
- heat and humidity up and out
- Plush, Nylex interior with removable/washable interior cheek pads and liner
- All sizes of cheek pads are interchangeable in all helmet sizes
- Includes breath guard and chin curtain
FAQ about Purple Motorcycle Helmets
What Is A Good Motorcycle Helmet Under $150?
One of the best helmets you can find for under $150 is HJC’s CL-17. The HJC Cl-17 offers a lot of variety in colors and sizing; it’s available in six solid color options and sizes XS to 5XL with prices ranging from $139.99 to $144.99. You get a lot of bang for the little buck with this helmet such as plenty of adjustable front intake vents at the chin, forehead, and top of the head as well as exhaust ports at the rear to expel heat.
The CL-17 is outfitted with an optically correct, three-dimensional design face shield that offers exceptional UV protection and is pin lock ready. The RapidFire shield replacement system allows for quick and easy tool-less shield removal and installation and the SuperCool moisture-wicking interior features crown and cheek pads that are removable and washable. For those that wear glasses, the cheek pads are grooved to accommodate the arms of the glasses for a more comfortable fit. Sizes up to XXL are Snell and DOT rated while sizes above XXL are only DOT rated.
ACH-Helmet-2How Effective Are Military Helmets For Motor Bike Riding?
Military helmets aren’t the best option for motorcycling. Military helmets are designed for different tasks that aren’t really related to motorcycling. A motorcycle helmet is designed to be aerodynamic, lightweight, and provide head protection from impacts at motorcycling speeds. Military helmets are often designed to help protect your head from flying bullets and therefore are made from different materials that can make them heavier than a motorcycle helmet; they can also be not as comfortable or as aerodynamic as a motorcycle helmet.
Can I Wear A Football Helmet On A Motorcycle?
You can wear a football helmet when riding a motorcycle but you’re going to run into a couple of problems. First of all, football helmets are not DOT, ECE, or Snell approved, so if you plan to ride somewhere where a motorcycle helmet is required by law a football helmet isn’t a legal form of head protection. Secondly, football helmets aren’t designed to withstand the high-speed impacts that motorcycle helmets are so they won’t provide adequate protection in a crash.
What Is The Best Motorcycle Helmet Brand?
Some of the best motorcycle helmet brands are, Arai, Shoei, and HJC just to name a few. These brands have the great build quality, meet high safety standards, are very comfortable, and offer a broad assortment of styles to suit the needs and preferences of many riders.
What Is The Best Motorcycle Protective Gear?
The best motorcycle protective gear is a full-face motorcycle helmet. Protecting your head from impact and your eyes from flying debris is of the utmost importance when riding a motorcycle.
What Kind of Helmet Do You Use When Riding A Motorcycle?
You can use any kind of motorcycle helmet when riding a motorcycle. However, it’s important to make sure that whether you choose to wear a half helmet, three-quarters helmet, beanie style helmet, dual sport helmet, or full-face helmet that it meets the safety standards required in the areas where you will be riding.
What Are The Best Motorcycle Helmets For Long Rides?
The best motorcycle helmet for long rides is one that fits you the best, feels lightweight on your head, and offers great protection from impacts as well as the elements. When it comes to long motorcycle rides a helmet that doesn’t fit properly can cause headaches, rashes, pressure points, or flop and slip down over your eyes as you ride. Most riders prefer a good fitting full-face helmet for long rides as these helmets provide the most comfort and best overall protection.
A full-face helmet is the best choice for long motorcycle rides because your face and eyes will be protected from the rain, wind, sticks, rocks, and other debris. A full-face motorcycle helmet is also great for situations when you get into cold weather conditions, and with multiple vents, they can be good for warm weather riding as well. One of the best benefits of using a full-face helmet for long rides is that your ears are protected from the rushing wind making for a much quieter ride and it will be less likely that your ears will be ringing from the sound of your motorcycle exhaust when you get to your destination.
So we have presented the top of the best purple helmets. Hopefully, the article will help you with many reasonable options when buying the helmet you need.
Thanks and see you again at German Helmets